SEC2SV week: numbers and results
The Startup Europe Comes to Silicon Valley week is just over.
Here you can get a sense of what happened and how participants perceived the mix of meetings, presentations, workshops, keynotes … and fun.
How did it go?
Let’s do the numbers:
- 14 EU Scaleups selected among several hundreds, with the support of a dozen organizations focused on bridging EU and Silicon Valley
- Scaleups are established companies experiencing hyper-growth (needed to have had 10+ employees by end of 2011, growing 20%+ YOY in revenue/employees ever since)
- Scaleups are from 10 different EU countries and cumulatively account for 1,000+ employees and 60M Euros revenue
- 500+ attendees, 62 speakers, demo area with 33 companies showcased
- Scaleup Summit: dedicated roundtables on Growth, Talent, Legal, Funding, M&A, Policy, Communication with the participation of 32 experts on such topics
- Keynotes / Workshops with: Tim Draper, the President of Estonia, Google for Entrepreneurs,Andresseen Horowitz, Apple
- involvement of 27 partners
Indeed, it’s been the first of this kind.
Considering the overwhelmingly positive feedback from the companies participating, it’s probably about time to start considering version 2…